Thursday, October 28, 2004

Red Sox Win

I was raised in Chicago, on the Northside, which means I'm a Cubs fan. Truth be told, I don't even like baseball that much, but because da Cubbies are so cursed, I always find myself hopeful that each new season will bring the Cubs a chance to finally win a World Series (amazing how America always seems to win the World Series, isn't it?).

Of course, once again, this year, the Cubs didn't do it - but, the Boston Red Sox did! As with the Cubs, the Red Sox are also a "cursed" team. So as the World Series got closer and closer, I found myself paying attention to it - and even watched a bit of it.

Heres hoping that the Cubs can finally break their curse, now that the Red Sox have broken free of theirs. As any good Chicago sports fan will tell you, "Next year, is the Cubs year!"

No comments: