Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Google Earth


Once again, Google has gone and impressed me. The purchase of Keyhole back in Oct. of 2004 and then the launch of Google Maps made sense, and I assumed that whatever Keyhole turned into, it would more or less remain the same cost/profit model. Now, Google has released the next version of the product, Google Earth. And, once again, Google given the average net user a wonderful tool, for free (how long they will be able to keep this up is something that I am very unsure of). The personal version is free, and there are other versions that you have to pay for, but from my casual research, it appears that the power to price ratio or ROI is pretty high!

The feature that really raised my eyebrows was the 3D buildings, in a word... "DAMN!" Check out the screenshot of downtown Chicago.

No comments: