Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Hyundai Santa Fe

I've now had my Hyundai Santa Fe long enough to rake up 10,000 miles so I thought I would post a few thought about it. Overall, I can’t imagine a better deal for the money. After rebates and wheeling and dealing, I got my 2005 Santa Fe GLS 2.7 for just under the dealer invoice ($20k); and I don’t know of any SUV in it’s class that comes in at that price with number of options and of course a 10 year, 100,000 mile warranty.

What has impressed me most is the amount of utility that I have gotten from it. When the seats are folded down, I am able to get enough boxes in the back to make the Santa Fe very useful in my recent move. On top of that, when the seats are up, there is plenty of room for me, my wife, a car seat for our soon to arrive baby, our 65 pound black lab (behind the seats) and one more adult.

Then, there is the gas mileage. While the posted numbers of 19 and 25 are fairly poor, my real world experience puts those numbers closer to 25 and 30 (assuming you keep your foot out of it). Not the greatest, but certainly not horrible.

When all is said and done I can easily recommend this SUV for anyone who needs a basic family and stuff mover.

No comments: