Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Adobe Formerly Macromedia

Well it is finally complete. Macromedia is now officially part of Adobe. I know a lot of MM developers are worried that Adobe is going to "ruin" the MM product line, but I just don't see that happening. The same concerns were voiced when Macromedia purchased Allaire, but MM only made ColdFusion bigger and better. This time Flash is the target product (at least that's my guess) for a merger; and when combined with Photoshop and ColdFusion, you have a complete solution for web application design.

Sadly, one of my favorite MM products, Fireworks, may not survive. I love Fireworks and would hate to see it replaced with ImageReady, which I see as a very weak product when compared. Overly, I'm excited about the possibilities of the new Adobe. Congrats to both companies! :)

No comments: