Wednesday, November 24, 2004

Harry Potter DVD

I am a big Harry Potter fan, ever since the first book, I've been completely hooked. I'm also a big fan of the movies. When the third one came out earlier this year, I have to say, I was not very happy with it. While Chris Columbus did a very good job in translating the books to the big screen, I felt that Alfonso CuarĂ³n really was too loose in his vision of the book. Sure the basics were all there, but many of the details were missing, and the plot was out of order.

Since I'm never totally sure about a movie, I saw it twice in the theatre. I still felt it was the worst of the three. After watching about half of it on DVD last night, my opinion has changed a bit. I still am unhappy with the loose script translation, but I really picked up on how true to the characters Alfonso's vision was. Still not my favorite, but it is a Harry Potter movie, and therefore it will be in my collection forever.

No comments: