Friday, April 21, 2006

7-UP

When I read this morning on Slashfood that 7-UP was now going to be "all natural", I was pretty excited. 7-UP has always been my favorite lemon-lime soda and I was glad to see they were getting with the program. However, in the back of my mind I made note to check the ingredient list the first time I was it in the stores to see if it really deserves to be called "all natural." As it turns out, I didn't have to wait that long, the Accidental Hedonist points out, the claim of "all natural" is a lie, straight out. It contains the ingredient High Fructose Corn Syrup, which as AH points out is a lot of things, but natural isn't one of them! Not even by the weak standards of USDA. I hope Cadbury-Schweppes falls flat on their faces with this, and is forced to relabel or change the ingredients.

No comments: