Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Ann Coulter

A couple of years ago, I picked up the book Lies and the Lying Liars Who Tell Them by Al Franken. When I realized that it was, in large part about Ann Coulter and her book Treason, I decided that I should read it first. I was amazed at the lying, and complete misuse of facts to make her very points. I was barely able to finish the book, but I managed. I'm glad I did - it is important to know your enemy - and it made Franken book all the more enjoyable.

It always bugs me to see how often she gets away with her lies and deceit, but finally, perhaps that is changing. According to the Palm Beach Post, she is in trouble with the Elections supervisor for lying about where she lived. From the article:
In his official incident report released last week, poll worker Jim Whited wrote that Coulter tried to vote in the Feb. 7 town council election at Bethesda-by-the-Sea, the right place for a Seabreeze resident. Coulter left in a hurry when, Whited said, he asked her to correct the record. Later she cast her ballot at the St. Edward's precinct, where real Indian Road residents go.
Why would she lie about this? What was her goal? Really the answers to these questions matter less than the fact that she has once again been caught in the act. She isn't trust worthy and now she may have committed a third-degree felony. Why would anybody listen to or trust her?

No comments: