Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Fox News Commentator Joins White House

Wow - you know for years people, like myself, have blasted Fox News for being a tool of the White House. Always preaching the "news" as giving to them in talking points from, I suspect, Mr. Rove. Now I guess, the White House has decided to make the relationship a bit more official - or least is going to reward one of the Fox News talking heads.

I can't say I know a lot about Tony Snow - but I know enough to know I don't like him. His appointment, to me, sends a very clear message that Bush cares nothing anyone outside of his far right group of uber conservatives. It also shows me how flawed the administration really is. When your poll numbers are down - and most Americans are in favor of change - you don't appoint someone to a major post who is exactly like you. You reach out, and attempt to find someone who can talk to both sides of an issue. What is the chance that anyone on the left is going to listen to Snow without assuming he is lying, I wonder?

Oh well, I guess I shouldn't be that surprised. The Bush Administration hasn't done much with it's time in office except make one bone-headed mistake after another. Maybe this is a good thing - maybe more people will wake-up and realize that it is time to end the right-wing strangle hold on American politics.

No comments: